Intellectual Property & IT
Philip McBride heads up John McKee Solicitors Intellectual Property and IT Team. Philip came to the firm after having obtained a Masters degree in Computers and Law and has worked for Allstate Northern Ireland as a Business Analyst in Chicago. Chris brings skills in dispute resolution and mediation together with expertise in defamation and passing-off having advised a number of high profile clients in recent years.
We advise across the full breadth of IP rights including:
- trade marks
- rights in confidential information
Our team has considerable experience in the ICT Sector and provides support to its clients that is relevant, pro-active and commercially astute. We realise that Intellectual Property can be the most valuable asset in any business and have a team in place that can assist your business in:
- identifying and recording your IP assets
- assessing the extent of your IP assets within your business
- determining the origin and legal ownership of the IP identified;
- developing documentation to protect your IP e.g. licensing and software agreements and creating internal policies and practices for the identification, protection and treatment of IP
- protecting and managing the IP assets in your business
- minimising risk for legal action for infringing third-party IP
- helping you receover your IP in the case of theft
- enforcing the protection of your licensed IP when the agreement is broken by 3rd parties
We are members of the Society for Computers and Law and affiliate members of Momentum NI – the voice of the digital sector in Northern Ireland.