The Banking Litigation Team are specialists in both prosecuting and defending actions on behalf of a number of Northern Ireland's banks and UK mainland-based lenders. Actions in which the team is currently acting include:
- Enforcement of personal guarantees
- Prosecuting actions against Solicitors for negligence, breach of undertaking and breach of retainer
- Enforcing both equitable and legal security
- Defending breach of contract and misrepresentation claims brought against local Banks
- Defending a lending institution in libel proceedings
The Team also acts on behalf of a number of the province's leading Insolvency Practitioners in a variety of matters including extracting value from assets, disputes as to ownership of assets and obtaining vacant possession of property.
We tailor our approach to dispute resolution to the circumstances of a particular case. Our lawyers are skilled in negotiating in appropriate situations but also have the expertise to aggressively pursue and defend actions through the courts when required.